Sunday, October 29, 2006

06 - The Journals of Gaylord Humpwarden

Day 398

Lots of things happened so fast today, I don't know where to start.

After the rift fiend cut down the tree I was in, it went after Jack. It took me awhile but I managed to get my tangled butt out of the tree. I sneaked further back from the battle (to give myself a better tactical view... that's it... yeah) and that's where I found him.

A lone assassin was in front of me, hiding behind one of the trees. I must've circled around behind him without him noticing. He was staring at the battle and didn't notice me.

So, I decided it's time for me to have a little chat with this guy to find out what in the world is going on here. To cut a long story short, me and my friend, the rock had a little chat session with his head. And when I thought it was over, I gave him another session... just in case.

By the time I tied him up and dragged him out, the battle was over.

The others started exploring the camp. Render was venting his anger on the corpse. He had a badly burned right hand. He should be more careful when playing with fire, I think. Jack came back after awhile... and I thought I saw a jam stain on his mouth there for a minute. Alex stripped off his armor and went off somewhere to wash off all that blood, I think.

Actually, I expect him to be wearing his underwears only under all that armor. So, I was kind of shocked when he started stripping. Luckily he was wearing a pair of pants under it.

After awhile, I turned to check on the prisoner but he disappeared! He must've been an escape artist! He was kind enought to leave the rope though.
Note to self: Must practice tying a rope.


We found him in one of the small houses. Render and I was at the back to block his escape while Joe and Alex guarded the only door. I saw him talking to a black communication orb before he saw Alex.

For a moment, he tried to take his own life! Alex was trying to subdue him so, he used his shield only. After awhile we managed to knock him out but he had bitten his wrist.

Alex took care of the bleeding though. And this time we tied him up real good. They didn't let me do the tying though (damn wanted another go at it).


Right after dinner, Alex and Jack went off to look for the way back. And now I can't sleep because KLEOS AND JOE HAD THE BRIGHT IDEA TO CUT UP THE RIFT FIEND'S BLADES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT WITH A SHORT SWORD. AND ALL THAT HACKING IS KEEPING ALL OF US AWAKE!!!

Where in the world is Alex and Jack. I wanna go with them too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But... the oranges! What happened to the oranges!?

hreaper said...

Nice to know that you're still normal.

Luna Mairin said...

Mr. G ... didn't I heal Render already at the time or I healed him after you came out of hiding?