Tuesday, September 12, 2006

02 - The Journals of Gaylord Humpwarden

Day 391
Met Fayne and her family yesterday. She still looks beautiful. She said she had to turn down my invitation for another adventure. Now I have to babysit her son instead. Hope he's as good as his mom.

He did bring a mech along with him. But Fayne's husband, Render, I think, brought it back home.

Spoil sport.

Found out later, the boy's named after the dad. Wonder if the personality's the same too.
I did noticed that she gave the boy her "lucky" charm. It should be useful in the days ahead.


Had prepared some breakfast for them this morning. The Grour werewolf, Jack, I believe has some weird love of jam. He finished the whole jar... just the jam, nothing else. And the mage, Sigel, ate the whole bar of butter.
I have a bad feeling about this group.

I did find another mech to come with us. He looks interesting, dark, moody. Never knew mechs can be moody. You learn new things everyday.



I brought some pillows for the truck's cabin, double-checked the living trailer and the supply trailer. Everything's good to go. We should be leaving at noon.


On oUr Wa~----~~~~~~/
NOTe To SeLf: NoT a goOd iD~ea to wrITe joU-rnAL whIle OnroaD.


Day 392
Met a patrol on its way back to Cardia today. They mentioned something about bandits in this area.
I'm sure they have everything under control.


Day 393
Ok, managed to steal some time for myself. Busy day, attacked by bandits.
The crew I got managed to overcome them. They have them tied under the tree near camp here.

I can see them from where I'm sitting by the warm fire and hot chicken stew. I also see Jack next to those poor captured souls. He's seem to have a hand on one guy's pants and he's... be right back.

No comments: